Saturday, November 12, 2011

MBN’s sitcom You’re Here begins filming

I’ve been interested in MBN’s “Korean Friends” sitcom since it was announced, and now we’ve got the first stills from You’re Here, You’re Here, You’re Really Here (gah, that title), starring (from left to right) Yoo In-young, Jin Yi-han, and Lee Soo-kyung.
I’m not that familiar with Yoo In-young, the 27-year-old actress of A Man Called God and My Precious You, but I’m a big fan of the other two, who have solid comedic chops on top of dramatic skills. Plus, this
sitcom touts itself as the first Korean sitcom to follow the American-style sitcom format, so I’ll be curious to see what that means, exactly. How will it differs from Korean-style sitcoms like High Kick and All My Love, for instance?

You’re Here, You’re Here, You’re Really Here features the Three’s Company premise of a mixed-gender trio living together, and the foibles and comedy that ensue from the arrangement. The show promises to draw out the funny with situational comedy rather than gags; I hope that means it’ll ditch the laugh track as well, although I’m not holding my breath on that front.
I loved Lee Soo-kyung in the (sorta) sitcom Soulmate, one of my all-time favorite series, where she was both funny and vulnerable playing an everywoman type of character. She said of her role here, “The character is really lovable. When I first received the script, I was startled at how similar she is to myself. That’s why I agreed right away.”
Her role is described as an office employee from a good background with a solid command in the skills of playing coy, being perceptive in reading people, and putting up a bravado. Ha.
Yoo In-young plays an actress who dreams of hitting it big in Hollywood, but in actuality is making her living playing adulterers. Double ha.
Then there’s “perfect man” Jin Yi-han, playing a graduate of a top law school with a genius IQ who’s convinced he’s happy being single and unmarried… until he moves in with his longtime friend. Muahaha. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
The sitcom has a running time of 30 minutes and will run for 120 episodes, premiering next month when cable station MBN launches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment